IRS & California Tax Help - Lien & Levy Removal
Estate Tax Planning - Estate Tax Returns & Audits
Will Contest, Trust & Probate Trials & Appeals
I'm California tax lawyer R. Anthony Bauman, APLC, an AV-rated tax attorney. I offer you highly skilled tax and legal help for:
- IRS tax problems, liens, levies and audits
- California tax problems.
- Payroll tax problems.
- Will and trust contests, probate and trials.
- Living trust administration after death of an owner
- Preparation of living trusts and wills, and estate tax planning
- Business tax planning
I focus on minimizing your personal income tax liability, gift tax liability, and estate tax liability; on avoiding or minimizing probate fees; and on making sure that all work I handle for you is completed to the highest standards.
I've been certified as a tax law specialist by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization, and have an LL.M. (Masters of Law) degree in taxation from the University of San Diego School of Law, Graduate Tax Program. I guarantee that I will always provide you with excellent service. When you retain me, I will personally handle every aspect of your case from start to finish.
• Probate of Wills; Probate Problems
I have years of experience in skillfully probating wills, and resolving all types of probate problems. I routinely provide advice and assistance to executors, successor trustees of living trusts needing administration, and to heirs and beneficiaries (persons who inherit).
I can help you with federal estate & gift tax problems; California Prop. 13 local property tax issues, reassessments & exclusions; and overseeing the preparation and filing of required tax returns. For more information, please see Probate Services.
• Living Trust Administration After Death of an Owner
Living trust administration is a detail-oriented process, and by law, the successor trustee must handle the process with the greatest of care. The successor trustee named in the trust typically works with an experienced attorney to identify the assets the trust, pay the debts of the deceased, file an income tax return for the deceased and pay any taxes owed, and distribute the trust assets in the specified way.
I will make sure that your living trust is carefully administered in the manner that is most financially advantageous to the surviving spouse and other beneficiaries (persons inheriting under the trust). If you are a successor trustee or a beneficiary of a living trust, I can provide you with highly experienced legal assistance for all aspects of trust administration. For more information, please see Living Trust Administration after Death of an Owner.
• Living Trust, Will, and Estate Plan Preparation
I am uniquely qualified to prepare an integrated estate plan for you. This generally includes a living trust, will, living will, power of attorney, health care power of attorney, and, at a later date, probate and trust administration services. I take pride in tackling difficult estate planning issues to provide you with complete peace of mind. I can help ensure that your children will be cared for by the persons you choose. Your living trusts, carefully tailored to your needs, will allow you to avoid costly probate proceedings.
I also follow through to ensure that your trust is properly funded and that your beneficiary designations are coordinated with your estate plan - services which are essential to the proper creation of a living trust, but which are sometimes overlooked by less experienced attorneys. For more information, please see Living Trust & Will Preparation and Tax Savings.
• Business Law & Tax Planinng
I provide expert California business tax and legal help. I can help you with:
- Tax planning to give your business the legal form (corporation, LLC, partnership, limited partnership, professional corporation) that will best protect your assets, save you the most tax dollars, and provide limited liability.
- Handling your incorporation, formation of LLC, partnership, business law regulatory and licensing compliance.
- Providing sound legal advice and services for payroll tax issues, payroll, accounting, operating problems and corporate liquidation and winding-up.
- Reviewing and drafting business contracts, including LLC operating agreements, buy-sell agreements, independent contractor agreements, confidentiality agreements and employment agreements.
- Keeping your corporation in compliance with law by ensuring annual shareholder meetings are held and minutes properly recorded
- Structuring compensation for key employees including employee stock option plans and addressing the estate planning needs of owners and key employees.
- Representing your business at trial in any business lawsuit, including unfair competition, fraud, misrepresentation, contract disputes, and other business disagreements.
For more information, please see Business Law & Business Tax Services.
• IRS Tax Help
I provide IRS tax help to individual taxpayers and businesses suffering from IRS tax problems. IRS problems include IRS tax levy, tax lien, payroll tax problems, 941 payroll tax penalties, offer in compromise, tax evasion, innocent spouse relief, IRS audit, criminal tax, evasion or other IRS tax problems. I am experienced in obtaining fast resolution for most cases through negotiation with the IRS, FTB, and SBE. If I am unable to settle a tax case, I have the experience, resources and tenacity to take your tax case through trial and appeal.
I also solve California tax problems by providing California tax help to taxpayers under audit or collection for income tax, sales tax, or use tax by the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB), California State Board of Equalization (SBE) and /or the Employment Development Department (EDD).
For more information, please see IRS Tax Problem Help.
. . .
I help clients throughout all of California, including San Diego, Imperial County, Riverside, Los Angeles, and all other counties. You will receive personal, experienced, and understanding help directly from me. Every case in my office receives my personal attention, direction and supervision. You will speak to me directly about your case. I am the one who will return your telephone calls. My firm policy is to return every client telephone call the same day or at the latest the next day.
How to Contact R. Anthony Bauman, APLC
New clients are always welcome; and I make an effort to accommodate urgent matters. There is plenty of free parking and a convenient location just off the I-5 freeway at my Carmel Valley law firm offices, in San Diego, California. For more information or to make an appointment, please contact me either by:
Telephone: (858) 793-7007
I can be reached by telephone Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. You may also use the
form below to contact me. This form is answered Monday through Friday during
the work day. Please remember that for me to become your attorney, we must first have a written attorney-client agreement signed by both of us, so please do not email any confidential information at this point. After I have reached an agreement with you, we can then exchange information freely. I look forward to helping you.